The smell and sizzle of bacon cooking in the morning gets us out of bed, and we can’t resist gobbling up these tasty morsels alongside our eggs, pancakes and other breakfast foods. Here’s our delicious farm-fresh recipe.
- 8 large organic eggs
- 4 slices Beretta Antibiotic and Hormone Free Peameal Bacon
- 4 English muffins
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add a pinch of salt and vinegar to a pot of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, crack four of your eggs into small ramekins.
- Using a spatula or spoon, quickly stir the water in one direction to create a whirlpool.
- Carefully drop eggs into the water to poach. For best results, only poach one to two eggs at a time.
- Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- While the eggs are poaching, fry up the peameal bacon and start making your hollandaise sauce.
- For the sauce, whisk together the remaining egg yolks and lemon juice until the mixture has thickened. Using a double boiler continue whisking the eggs while slowly combining the melted butter. Remove from heat and season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Top each English muffin with a slice of peameal bacon, a poached egg, and hollandaise. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley as desired.
About Beretta Farms: Beretta Farms is producing bacon that Canadians can feel good about eating. It was a natural fit for the company who has been committed to providing wholesome alternatives to Canadian families for more than 25 years. They currently offer both strip and peameal bacon made with antibiotic and hormone-free pork. The strip bacon is cut into conveniently sliced portions that fit perfect in any frying pan, while the peameal bacon is cured with Beretta Farms’ own special brine and rolled in cornmeal.