Cynthia Beretta, co-founder of Beretta Farms, loves creating delicious recipes from unexpected combinations. When it comes to the palate, opposites usually attract regarding flavour pairings. Though both great on their own, together bacon and cheesecake are the perfect marriage of salty and sweet. Made with antibiotic, hormone free bacon, and organic ingredients, you can feel good about serving this decadent dessert to your loved ones!
● 6 slices Beretta Farms Antibiotic and Hormone Free Pork Bacon
● ¼ cup packed brown sugar
● 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
● 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
● ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
● ⅓ cup organic butter, melted
● ⅛ Tsp salt
● 2 250g packages organic cream cheese, room temperature
● 2 large organic eggs
● ⅔ cup white sugar
● 1 Tsp vanilla extract
● 3 slices Beretta Farms Antibiotic Free Pork Bacon
● 10 Tbsp organic salted butter
● 1 ½ cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
● 2 Tbsp water
● ¼ Tsp salt
● ½ cup organic heavy cream
● 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8″ springform pan with parchment and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together brown sugar, and rice vinegar
- Dip Beretta Farms Bacon into mixture. Lay on a baking tray and cook for 35 minutes.
- Let cool. In a food processor, crush up bacon until its a bread crumb like consistency.
- Stir together all remaining crust ingredients with the bacon crumbs, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, making a thicker layer on the bottom than on the sides.
- In a mixer on low speed, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla, again mixing until smooth.
- Pour filling into the crust and place the cheesecake in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven, and set it on a rack to cool. Once the cake is cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Bacon Caramel Sauce Directions
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until bacon is completely cooked and crunchy. Remove from pan and chop into crumbles.
- Leaving bacon grease in the pan, add butter, brown sugar, water, and salt. Place over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until butter melts.
- Once butter has melted, reduce heat to medium and bring to a rolling boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pan doesn't overflow.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, bacon crumbles and vanilla extract. Return to heat and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Let the caramel rest 10 minutes to thicken.
- Drizzle bacon caramel sauce over cheesecake and serve.