Love the beauty of nature but hate the bugs? Here for hiking but so over the heat? Enjoy the crackling of a fire but dread basic spider dogs? Then glamping is for you.
Glamping is glamour meets camping; It’s a way to experience nature without having to sacrifice creature comforts. Instead of sleeping bags, slumber in a plush bed, cool down after a day of activity in an air-conditioned tent, and prepare delicious organic meals to eat fireside.
One of the most dreaded aspects of camping is the food– what can be cooked on an open fire or portable barbecue without compromising on flavour? Elevate your camping trip to a glamping trip this summer with Beretta Farms.
Sustain yourself with more than just s’mores and canned beans, meal plan your glamping tip menu using Beretta Farms Certified organic boneless chicken breast, Certified organic all beef hot dogs, and Antibiotic & Hormone Free Caramelized Onion & Chipotle Beef Burgers. Beretta Farms products are the perfect canvas to add your own personal taste and flavours.
All Beretta Farms proteins are raised organically without the use of antibiotics or added hormones and steroids, so you can feel good about serving them to your loved ones.
Below a recipe for Cynthia Beretta’s Mexican Style Hot Dog, a twist on a campfire staple. Created to share what matters with family and friends, this recipe is sure to become a glamping favourite!
● 4 Beretta Farms Certified Organic All Beef Hot Dogs
● 4 Artisan hot dog buns
○ 3 ripe avocados, diced
○ ½ tomato, finely chopped
○ 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
○ 1 lime
○ ½ lemon
○ ½ red onion, finely chopped
○ cilantro, finely chopped
○ Pinch of chili flakes
○ 1 Tsp chili powder
○ salt and pepper, to taste
● Pico de Gallo
○ 1 medium tomato, diced
○ 1 onion, finely chopped
○ ½ fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
○ 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
○ 1 green onion, finely chopped
○ ½ Tsp garlic powder
○ ⅛ Tsp salt
○ ⅛ Tsp pepper
● 2 Jalapeños, finely chopped
● 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
● 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Using a mortar and pestle mash the avocados. Squeeze half a lemon and a full lime, add garlic, chili powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper and continue to mash.
- In a medium bowl add remaining guacamole ingredients and mix with avocado mixture.
- To prepare the pico de gallo, combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and green onion in a medium bowl. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place hot dogs onto the grill using tongs and position them perpendicular to your grill gates. Using grill tongs, turn hot dogs and grill each side until the ends start to split, about 5-7 minutes.
- To assemble the hot dog, place inside bun and top with guacamole, pico de gallo, jalapeño, and a sprinkle of cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
At Beretta Farms, we pride ourselves on raising our animals much like we raise our own family – with care, compassion and commitment. We have expanded our network to include other family farms across the country who we know and trust. These farms were hand selected for our animals to be raised on, as we know they adhere to the same rules and beliefs that we do, along with passing several strict annual audits.