In just a few short weeks it will be back-to-school and back-to-work for many. Boulart wants to help working parents spruce up their lunch boxes this year with an artisan sandwich recipe, prepared by Chef Matt DeMille, which is sure to be the envy of the lunchroom.
This smoked trout sandwich is made with Boulart’s new Everything Bun which is inspired by the popular bagel flavour but has been reimagined as a ciabatta bun. Made with only a few ingredients including water, flour, yeast and sea salt, the bun is low in fat, free of trans fat, and has a good source of iron. It is also pre-sliced, making it perfect for a quick and easy sandwich that can be taken on-the-go!
- 1 Boulart Everything bun
- 4-5 slices of smoked trout
- Celeriac remoulade (recipe follows)
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 small handful of peppery arugula or sprouts
- 1 head of celeriac, washed and peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 lemon
- Bake off the bun from frozen for 5-7 minutes at 375°
- Chop the peppers and mix with the capers. Spoon a bit of this mixture over the base of the warm bun. Just enough to cover.
- Next, lay the smoked trout over the relish ribboning it so it doesn’t lay flat.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the remoulade on top of the trout and finish with a pinch of the arugula or sprouts and the top half of the bun.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the celeriac and cut into matchsticks.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the celeriac with the mayo, parsley and grainy mustard.
- Squeeze in the fresh juice from the lemon and mix well.
- Season well with kosher salt and pepper.
Cover and place in fridge until ready for use.
Keep your fluff. Because we believe that less is more. No additives. No added sugar. No GMOs. Sometimes saying no can be a good thing. Develop a taste for simple sophistication. Learn to create it with the fewest of ingredients. Find ways to make artisan accessible. Feed their curious mouths and minds. Make mealtimes an occasion. Make a crust from making somebody’s day that bit better. Because everyone deserves the good stuff. The good life.