This unusual pizza is delicate and especially lovely as an appetizer. The soft texture and mild flavour are highlighted by the tang of aged Gouda.
All recipes suitable for one 15-inch pizza
1 large head cauliflower
4 tbsp sweet butter
4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp minced shallots
2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups grated aged Gouda
- Preheat oven to 500 degree
- Trim cauliflower into flowerets and steam for 5 to 8 minutes until al dente, and set aside.
- Make a Bechamél sauce with sweet butter, flour, shallots, salt and milk
- Brush the shaped dough with olive oil, spread the Bechamél, lay the cauliflower on top of the Bechamél in a circular pattern, and top with the Gouda.
- Bake in preheated over for 10 minutes or until done
Béchamel sauce is a sauce traditionally made from a white roux and milk. Béchamel may also be referred to as besciamella, besamel, or white sauce. French, Italian and Greek Béchamel sauce recipes include salt and nutmeg as a seasoning base. Béchamel sauce is one of the Mother sauces of French cuisine.