If you are someone who loves comfort food, then you will love this delectable Buttermilk Pie from Uncle Smoke Cookhouse. This recipe is easy to make, and is a great dessert alternative to your everyday pie or tart. The light custard filling provides the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess with subtle notes of vanilla and lemon that will leave you feeling good – just like good comfort food should.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) flour
- 1⁄2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1⁄4 tsp (1 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) melted butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Par bake a pie shell for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk together all filling ingredients except buttermilk; add buttermilk last then, pour into cooled pie shell and bake at 350F (180C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling evenly jiggles throughout.
- Cool for an hour before serving.
Uncle Smoke Cookhouse serves comfort food, southern style barbecue, and sides. Our food is made from scratch only using high quality, local ingredients. We believe eating is an important shared experience, whether you’re dining at our Dundas West restaurant in Toronto or having food delivered to your home or office. For your next event, big or small, Uncle Smoke wants to be there to satisfy your comfort food and barbecue cravings.