Holiday Cookie Contest
1. No purchase is necessary.Here’s your opportunity to win the ultimate bragging rights! Does everyone pull you aside and beg for your holiday cookie recipe? Have you noticed your hazelnut shortbread disappears long before Aunt Brenda’s flapper pie? Share your coveted recipe with us and tell us a little about the history behind your cookie. Has the recipe card made its way down through generations? Is it your own invention? Or, accident?Send your recipe and high resolution photo to our winter edition editor, Catalina, at email@example.com by November 30th, 2017. The sweetest contenders will have their recipes published in the Winter 2018-2019 issue and receive a copy of Dan Needles’ funny and affectionate chronicle of rural life, True Confessions from the Ninth Concession.The perfect pairing for a plate of just-baked cookies!Look for Dan’s article in our upcoming, inaugural magazine-size winter issue!
2. Prize consists of:
One (1) copy of True Confessions from the Ninth Concession, by Dan Needles
and have their recipes published in the Harrowsmith Magazine Winter 2018-2019 issue.
Prize Value: $22.00 (CAD)
3. Contest opens on November 1st, 2017 and closes on November 30th, 2017. The draw will be held on or around December 1st, 2017. Individuals can enter once per day. The winner will be randomly selected from our pool of registrants, and will be notified by email. If we do not receive a response to our email within 5 days, a new winner will be chosen. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of entries at the time of winner selection.
4. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are not transferable, and have no cash surrender value. Shipping costs associated with prize delivery are incurred by Harrowsmith Magazine.
5. Contests are open to all Canadian residents over the age of 19, except the residents of the province of Québec, employees of Harrowsmith Magazine / Moongate Publishing, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, or members of their immediate families.
6. Harrowsmith Magazine will not be responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these contests.
7. Harrowsmith Magazine maintains the right to use registered member names, email addresses, and postal codes for the purpose of administering the contests, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners.
8. For a list of winners, indicate the contest name, contest month, and book title/prize name and send a self-addressed envelope bearing sufficient postage to:
120 Eglinton Avenue East,