In honour of April being National BLT Month, we’d like to share a story on behalf of Beretta Farms that we think would be of interest to your readers.
It’s no secret bacon is one of North America’s most beloved proteins. The wafting smell of bacon crackling in the morning and the salty, indulgent first bite with our breakfast is a true delight across North America.
A simply constructed sandwich, the BLT proves there is strength in using few, good quality ingredients. Bread, the foundation of any great sandwich. The lettuce and tomato, complementing each other to deliver fresh crunchiness. Lastly, Beretta Farms bacon, the true star of the show.
Beretta Farms Bacon comes in strip and peameal options, each made with antibiotic and hormone-free pork. Both wholesome, organic protein options deliver nutritious slices of delicious bacon, a necessary addition to a perfect BLT sandwich.
- 12 slices of Beretta’s antibiotic & hormone free pork bacon, cooked
- 6 slices of cheese (swiss or cheddar)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 ripe avocadoes, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 1/2 -inch-thick slices fresh country-style bread (white or whole grain)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 8 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise and Dijon mustard over 1 side of 6 bread slices. Top each with 2 tomato slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top tomato slices with avocado, bacon strips, lettuce, onion and cheese. Place remaining bread slices on top.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.